I love to sit in the sun and read...yesterday I read the new James Patterson, today it was my first try at an Anita Shreve novel. She's one of those authors that I always buy her books when I find them on sale...but I've never read them! So today I read Light on Snow. It was a quick read for me, just a couple of hours (unlike the dense book I read before bed...God: A Biography).
It was a sweet story about how we define family. Nicky and her dad are out on a walk when they discover an abandoned newborn. Nicky immediately wants the baby to be a part of their family...both her and her father are still struggling with the sudden loss of her mother and baby sister. I don't want to ruin the story...so I'm not saying anymore! But I will be reading more Anita Shreve!
It was an interesting juxtaposition to yesterday's read: 9th Judgment...in the latest installment of The Women's Murder Club (which is far less a club now than it was in the first few novels), there is a murderer on the loose that kills women and children. While it was a quick read, it was painful to read about how the murderer really hates women and children. There was never any real reason given for WHY he was doing it...then there was a fairly anticlimatic ending. Nevertheless, it was typical Patterson. Reading one of this books is like watching a cross-over episode of CSI: and Law & Order...good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment