Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Update: J.O.B.

I applied for three more jobs today located in AZ. That's a total of 5 jobs within driving distance of my family. I definitely have a preference of what I want, but I think I could be happy with any of the positions.

1.) Emerging Technologies Librarian - The opportunity to help build up a libraries social networking use and train librarians and patrons on using Web 2.0 tools and Web 3.0 search strategies would be AMAZING.

2.) Educational Services Law Librarian - Considering law school is something I've always been interested in, this position would be an awesome opportunity. I'm very interested in providing IL instruction and this position would be a great place to start teaching!

3.) Librarian, Dept of Corrections - While I have never considered a prison a library I want to work in, when I saw this position I was very interested! Talk about providing resources to folks that need them! Not to mention, it's right down the street from my house and it's a women's facility.

4.) Librarian, Grand Canyon - This is a little far from where I want to be, but it would still be really cool to live up at the Canyon. It's beautiful, the weather varies, the people would be different all the time, and it's a government position. All pros.

5.) Library Assistant - Definitely last on my list because it's a paraprofessional, PT position, BUT it still pays more than my current job and I might be able to do both until Amy decides to get out of Dodge.

That's where I am so far with AZ jobs. I haven't applied anywhere outside of AZ since graduation because I'm just not ready to leave. For once, moving is expensive and I'm not in a financial position to do so until I have a FT job that pays well. So I'd much rather have a FT job in AZ and stick around here for a couple more years...maybe until Syd and Deacie start school. Then I can move...somewhere.

**magical thinking**I will get a full-time position as a librarian making over $40,000/year.**

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the magical thinking!! It may just work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it did...Pinal called today. I have an interview on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete