Monday, May 24, 2010

Question...

Shelfari...LibraryThing...Goodreads...which one and what makes it better? (I have a bias, but I'm not totally happy with the cataloging/tagging options...)

2 comments:

  1. i like the simple look of goodreads :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I belong to all three for different reasons-Shelfari,because I like the bookshelf widget you can add to your blog/website(plus,the people there are rather nice),Goodreads for networking and quizzes(I'm a major quiz junkie)and Library Thing for the interaction and the giveaways.

    Good Reads also does giveaways(I won a copy of The Passage by Justin Cronin from them and a new novel coming out this summer called Juliet)and plenty of authors have Q&A sessions on the site as well. Shelfari does that on occasion,too.

    I think your choice of any of them should be based on what you're looking for at a book social network-if you want to schmooze,Good Reads. Just need to hang with regular readers? Shelfari's the place. Library Thing is good for those wanting the best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete