I recall a time when the Sookie Stackhouse books had a beginning, middle, and end...that doesn't happen anymore. The last couple of books have introduced A LOT that COULD happen, but nothing does. In this book, it's hinted at the main plot is a big vampire fight with Victor - Louisiana's emissary to the big king in Vegas. However, that doesn't happen...instead the final scene is a takedown between vampires and fairies. I love this series and I would love for it to go back to the old school ways of actually having a plot. It's fine to have overarching things that continue throughout more than one book, but each book deserves an actual storyline.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
**Spoiler Alert**
I recall a time when the Sookie Stackhouse books had a beginning, middle, and end...that doesn't happen anymore. The last couple of books have introduced A LOT that COULD happen, but nothing does. In this book, it's hinted at the main plot is a big vampire fight with Victor - Louisiana's emissary to the big king in Vegas. However, that doesn't happen...instead the final scene is a takedown between vampires and fairies. I love this series and I would love for it to go back to the old school ways of actually having a plot. It's fine to have overarching things that continue throughout more than one book, but each book deserves an actual storyline.
I recall a time when the Sookie Stackhouse books had a beginning, middle, and end...that doesn't happen anymore. The last couple of books have introduced A LOT that COULD happen, but nothing does. In this book, it's hinted at the main plot is a big vampire fight with Victor - Louisiana's emissary to the big king in Vegas. However, that doesn't happen...instead the final scene is a takedown between vampires and fairies. I love this series and I would love for it to go back to the old school ways of actually having a plot. It's fine to have overarching things that continue throughout more than one book, but each book deserves an actual storyline.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment