Thursday, June 10, 2010

Today was a good day...

It was my first day back at work in 12 days...it's easy to take long breaks when you only work 3 days a week to begin with.

A library position opened up in Pinal County...Emerging Technologies Librarian...Oh my! I can't wait to apply. The job description makes it sound like this is the perfect job for a young, social-networking-superstar librarian...like myself.  While I'm not terribly familiar with CSS, XML, XHTML, or SQL, I have dabbled with ALL of them and I'm a quick learner. Now I've just go to work on my cover letter and GET THE JOB! Not to mention, the starting salary is a lot more than what the hospital will be offering me as a full time librarian. (Which I'm not a FT librarian yet because the current librarian STILL hasn't left to go be a nurse...thus the need to apply for other jobs.)

For 4th of July weekend, I am going to San Diego with my BFF Sara! She is awesome and travels a lot so the hotel is covered (and looks AMAZING!)...we're going to drive over on Thursday night or Friday morning and we're not coming back until Monday. I'm SO excited. San Diego is one of my favorite cities and I haven't been in years!

Back to the job for a minute...if I were to get the job and had to work in Pinal...I would be able to live with Sara in Queen Creek! Also awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the job Melissa and it sounds perfect for you! Have fun in SD... I miss it!!

    ReplyDelete