As much as I want this job, I'm still nervous about actually getting the job. It would mean moving away from Syd...moving further away from my family. I would live with my best friend...but what if that turned into something horrible. On the flip side, I would be closer to my friends - the few I have left in the East Valley. It's a tough call.
But if I am offered the position, money will be the deciding factor. My current employer is not moving fast enough on the money side of things. Since the beginning of summer, I've been promised a raise and a change in position. None of that has happened. Instead they've given me more job responsibilities, 10 more hours a week, and a small merit increase (which most people received if they got a positive annual review). The more hours a week is helpful when it comes to paying my bills, but it's hardly enough when I still have to drive there an extra day to get the hours (gas ain't cheap). My boss says they're working on changing my title from Library Assistant to Assistant Librarian AND that it's two pay grades higher - but no one will even give me a pay range so I have no idea if that means $0.50 or $2.00 more. They really stink at communicating any kind of specifics and I'm sure it's because they just don't know.
To make it even worse - I'm SO BORED at work. To stay busy, I invent projects and library services. I've started offering people a scanned Table of Contents of journals from our print collection, I entered our Docline borrowing requests into a spreadsheet to see just how horrible we are at breaking Copyright law, and now I've started updating our Policies and Procedures complete with Viseo flowcharts and how-to guides. By the end of the week, I just Google random things that come into my head. Last week, I learned about basketball.
Bottom line, I need this job with Pinal for my sanity! I'm going to go crazy sitting at that library by myself four days a week. I will get the job with Pinal.
**magical thinking**
I'm thinking good thoughts for you today!!! I hope you get the job... sounds like you need it... lol
ReplyDelete